The Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC) is issued for the students of Assam for their further studies in Assam. PRC is issued to people’s of Assam only for the purpose of admission to educational institution where such documents are insisted upon by the educational institution. Such documents are issued as per existing provisions when due examination by the Deputy Commissioners and Sub-Divisional Officers (Civil) containing a transparent provision that it’ll be applicable solely in respect of demand of admission thereto specific Educational Institution and shall not be valid for the other purpose.
This certificates is presently being only given for educational purposes. In the PRC certificate there is clearly mentioned that the “This certificate is valid for the purpose of Admission to Educational Institutions only and shall not be valid for any other purpose”.
Check The Certificate How it looks– Click Here
The total required time to process is 14 days.
The certificate issued will be in prescribed computerized format as enclosed.
What is PRC Permanent Residence Certificate?
Permanent Residence Certificate is a proof that a person is a permanent resident of the State or the local area. This certificate is issued only for availing admission in Institutions of your state or local area. PRC basically provides quotas for the students in the institutions for doing admission, this certificate also make them eligible for many State and local scholarships.
Eligible Criteria for availing PRC in Assam.
- Applicant must be an Indian Citizen.
- Parents or forefather of the applicant have permanent residence in the state of Assam for minimum 50 years.
- Applicant must be residing in the state of Assam for minimum 20 years.
- A person who is a child of any person falling in any of the proceeding categories.
Documents Required to apply PRC in Assam
Documents required to be submitted along with application form:
1) Two copies of Passport size photographs.
2) Records of Immovable Property if any, with up-to-date Land Revenue Paid receipt.
3) Copy of Indian Passport or
4) Certified copy of the NRC 1951.
5) Certified copy of the voters list to check the linkage.
6) Copy of the PRC of any member of the family of the applicant stating relationship, if any.
7) Copy of the Birth Certificate issued by competent authority.
8) Copy of HSLC Certificate/Admit Card.
9) Employment Certificate issued by the employer showing joining in present place of posting, if any.
10) Documents related to parents and forefathers having continuously resided in Assam for a minimum period of 50 years or
11) Documents related to guardian having continuously resided in Assam for a minimum period of 20 years.
How to apply PRC in Assam?
The applicant has to come to nearest CSC or PFC located in DC/SDO(C)/CO office with all necessary testimonials.
Check out other articles in this website Upassam. Hope this article gave you some information.